Thursday, July 31, 2008

OB Visit

My visit to the OB today went well. It took a while to hear the heartbeat but only because the baby was moving like crazy. Linda, the nurse at my Dr. Office, said it's okay that I've lost a little weight and that I'll probably gain 10 lbs in a month or two and make up for it. Boy am I excited for that! Not really. But a healthy little fetus is all I can ask for right now. I'll save my no stretch mark and easy labor prayers for a little later in the pregnancy. Here's a quote from this months visiting teaching message that I thought was great.
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008): “Our bodies are sacred. They were created in the image of God. They are marvelous, the crowning creation of Deity. No camera has ever matched the wonder of the human eye. No pump was ever built that could run so long and carry such heavy duty as the human heart. The ear and the brain constitute a miracle. … These, with others of our parts and organs, represent the divine, omnipotent genius of God” (“Be Ye Clean,” Ensign, May 1996, 48).
Isn't it great that we get to be a part of creating these little miracles? Do you ever think to yourself "How did my body make this?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I'm glad that you are starting to feel better. Fortunately I get to skip out on that whole queasy thing... unfortunately that means I just gain weight from the moment I get pregnant. :) Thank goodness for jogging!!!! Hopefully things will be all rosy and perfect for you from here on out! Can't wait to hear what you're having and our fingers are crossed for Julio to remain sane through this last bit of school. Way to go Julio!

Heather Weir said...

I didn't know you were pregnant. how come you didn't say anything. Congrats!! Sorry tou haven't been feeling well. Hope it goes away soon.