Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Craft Time

This weekend we got crafty because of a great sale at Michael's. It's amazing how good kids are when they have something new to keep their attention. Here's Eliana, princess of the mermaid kingdom (she got the title from Dora the Explorer) with her crown...
And here's prince Tavian, the Frog Prince (apparently the upside down prince). His crown lasted about an hour before it got it's first tear.
A day or so later we painted these little bags. Both my kids love having something to hold their "treasures" which are usually rocks, leaves, uneaten fruit snacks or broken crayon bits.
Eliana has also taken up calling me Rabbit, she's Winnie the Pooh, Tavian is Piglet, and Dad is Tigger. It got me thinking how fitting the names are for each of us. Dad's the fun one that bounces in for a little fun then leaves, Tavian is the littlest one, Eliana is just like Pooh Bear, but then why am I like Rabbit? He's not much fun. He's always cleaning and worrying and telling everyone else what not to do. Hmmm. Should I be worried or does that mean I'm being a good Mom? I'm not sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it stinks to be a mom and get the "Rabbit" label. But hey...Rabbit plays a very important roll! Your kiddies are lucky to have such a crafty mom. My boys feel lucky when I pull the finger paints out (which happens about once a year). :)

AudyCamp said...

so cute that she nicknamed all of you as pooh characters..maybe you're rabbit cuz he's always keeping everyone in line. i was thinking the same as kathleen..sucha fun crafty mom..i'm not that fun.

Anonymous said...

Hey becky! Julio told me you guys a had blog so I thought Id check it out. It is so cute. Glad you joined the world of blogging. No matter whereJulio or his job in the future may take you, we can still keep in touch.