Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Tavian!

My little Bubba is not a baby anymore! Tavian turned two on Tuesday. It was such a good day for him and so nice that we all were able to be together. He's such a big part of our family I can't remember what it was like before him. He has the softest touch and the sweetest most sharing personality I've ever seen. He has a constant smile on his face and is always pushing himself to do more and better. This last Sunday I offered my hand to help him out of the car and he almost took it, then with a determined look on his face pushed my hand away, said "Take away me momma" and got himself out. I love my little Tavie! We all worked together to make it a special day for him.
Eliana and I got up first thing in the morning and blew up a whole bunch of balloons. The above picture is Tavian right after he woke up. He has such a fun loving nature and with all the squeals you'd think we had just given him the best most amazing gift ever.
Grandma and Grandpa came in the afternoon with lunch and presents. Here's Tavian opening up one from Mom and Daddy. He had so many presents he got distracted by the first ones and didn't want to open the last ones. That was great for Eliana though because she "helped" him by opening the last one.
Eliana loved Tavian's gifts as much as he did and the two of them made noise the rest of the day on all Tavie's new toys. These are music playing maracas. He also got a keyboard and a play guitar so you can imagine the joyful noises that exuded from our home!
Even Grandpa took a turn jamming on the new keyboard.
Tavian didn't want to blow out the candle himself so we all helped him with that. This was my first attempt at a character cake so I am pretty proud of it.
And here's proof on Bubba's face that he enjoyed the cake. He and Grandpa are great buddies. Thanks so much Mom and Dad for helping make Bubba's day a special one.

4 comments:

AudyCamp said...

Cute Halloween backdrop:) Happy 2nd Bday to your little guy! Good for you to make it a special day for him. THey sure do grow up fast. Impressive Pooh cake you made!

Grooving Gartners said...

I always love looking at the new things you add to your blog. Isn't it great that kids love even the simplest things; makes you feel so great. Sorry we forgot to come. We missed all of the fun:(

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a great cake! You're gonna have to start hiring yourself out. :)

It seems like just yesterday I met Tavian down in Tucson at Joseph's adoption shower and he was a brand new newborn! Time really flies!

Speaking of newborns...do you know what you are having yet? How are you doing? We need baby news!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say that Tavian looks EXACTLY like Julio in the last pic of this post where your Dad is holding him. Seriously, exactly!