Saturday, April 4, 2009

Julio's Job

Julio got a job finally! Yay! He's doing tech support for a web hosting company called IPower. It's the end of his first week and I am so relieved. He was doing commission only sales for a short while but it paid almost nothing and he was gone for really long hours. This new job has an hourly wage we can live off of and he can earn commission on top of it for any sales he makes. Plus it's a lot closer to home, he could ride the lightrail if he needed to and he has an early schedule so I have backup in the afternoons with the kids. My mom and dad lent us their van for a while so I have a vehicle to use while Julio's gone. The Lord has really looked after us the last 6 months while Julio's been trying to find work. I feel really blessed. I mean we're not going to be rich by any means, but to not be wondering where the money to pay our bills will come from is a huge blessing. I know a lot of people are losing jobs and being laid off, but I feel really at peace that the Lord will continue to look after us like he always has.
Oh and the last two days I have been picking, washing, and juicing the mulberries from our front yard. One of our neighbors came and laid out a whole bunch of paper and we shook almost three gallons of berries out of the tree. They make a horrible mess every year, turning the pavement black and tracking into the house. So this year we picked them and I'm making syrup out of them. It's very time consuming because the berries are so small there are like 500 gazillion of them, but not bad tasting and it contributes to our food storage. It makes me realize everything that seems to be a curse can be turned into a blessing with enough effort.
Also, I have some pictures of the kids I want to post. I just need to find the camera. So hopefully you'll see them tomorrow. Emily is getting so big and she's started smiling and cooing. Aren't babies so much fun?

3 comments:

Kat M said...

That is SO wonderful that Julio found a job! I hope he is able to do well and stay there for as long as he needs to.

How creative of you to use your mulberries! Ours are starting to grow, but they haven't dropped yet.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats guys! We so nned to do something together. We don't have our foster dog anymore and we wont have another for awhile so once we clean the backyard up, we can do a BBQ and swim or something. I'm sure your kids would love that; ours keep asking when we can start swimming. I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Yea! I'm glad Julio found work and you can relax a bit. And as far as the mulberries go...did you say "juice"?! That cracks me up. I just have the funniest image of you sitting there with a giant bucket of tiny berries, juicing them. That made my day! :)