Sunday, April 26, 2009

Too Much Time and No Energy

We've all been taking turns here with the flu. Poor Bubba had the worst of it. His fever finally broke at like 3 this morning. I am done with mine and since that means late nights up with kids I get a lot of quiet time at random moments for reading (the one positive side when everyone gets sick is that they sleep more.) I read the funniest statistic ever in this article about sun care with babies and thought I'd share it. "23% of lifetime sun exposure occurs before the age of 18 according to the national Safety Council." At first I was alarmed. Then I started thinking isn't the life expectancy here in America like 75 years? That was the last I heard. So I calculated it (not hard). 18 is 24% of 75. So the statistic is that by the time your life is nearly one fourth over you will have had nearly one fourth of your sun exposure. That's like saying "Most people will have a dozen flowers by the time they have bought 12 of them." What would we do without statistics? Thanks for letting me share.

1 comment:

Kat M said...

I hate all the throwing up...no fun!
In the middle of the night last night, Nicole woke up and threw up in the toilet. Everyone seems fine today...thank goodness!

Funny about the stats!!