Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm 31!

That's right. 31 years ago my mom went through excruciating pain to bring me into this world. 10 years ago tomorrow I left on my mission. 13 years ago I turned 18 and left for college 7 months after that. 15 years ago I was old enough to date and drive. I'm old enough to be the mother of any of the girls in my activities days group. And I was realizing that in some cultures girls get married in their early teens so there are grandmothers out there that are my age! Not only that but the next big birthday celebration won't be until I'm like 50 and that's only a big deal because your life is half over. P.S. I'm laughing as I type this. I love having my birthday at this age because I still get special privileges like Julio took the kids outside so I could have some quiet time and he changed Bubba's stinky diaper, not to mention I don't have to cook dinner and I get cake and ice cream. And lots of calls from friends and family. I've been bombarded with love today. Overall, not a bad deal at all. In fact it's great! Hope you all are well as well.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Sopistoper Gopartnoper!

AudyCamp said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! HOpe your day was great!

Anonymous said...

Hey girly! Happy Birthday. I remembered it was your birthday so I stopped by but no one was home. Maybe later this week we'll catch ya. By the way, my sister that was due around the same time as you, had her baby about 2am something this morning. There's still hope for you to have the baby early...just move furniture and other heavy things. LOL. Let me know when you do, though, I want to visit you in the hospital.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad Julio spoiled you on your special day---that's what birthday's are for. Love the run down on all your "milestone" ages. It's crazy that we are getting old enough to say, "I did such and such (enter numbers in the teens here) years ago. Wowsers!
I'm in Activity Days too. It's such a great calling! Keep us posted on this baby! We want daily updates. :)