Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Nesting Nesting Nesting

That's what I've been doing....nesting! Like crazy! I got out the baby clothes this week, washed them and set them up in their drawer. We set up the baby swing in the corner and put the baby toys in a box underneath. We got a board for across the top bed of the bunk bed and Julio screwed it in place so Eliana can sleep up there without rolling off in the middle of the night. She's slept up there for the last four nights and Tavian finally decided to sleep on the bottom bunk bed for the last two nights. So now the crib is open for the next one. I've been cleaning out closets and corners, you know, all the the places where a little pile can gather and trying to get rid of as much excess as possible. We organized the embarrassing corner in our room where our food storage and Julio's computer stuff are. I've been shampooing the carpet today and needed a break for my back, otherwise I'd still be cleaning like crazy! Anyways, hope everyone had a great New Year's. We had a quiet evening at home watching a movie and eating ice cream and popcorn. It's one of the great things about having toddlers that we can make treats and watch a new movie and suddenly it's a party - Woohoo!

4 comments:

Heather said...

That's a lot of nesting. Good for you. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! You have been a busy woman. You've done quite a lot for the "nesting" stage. I'm really surprised. You go girl! We need to hang out before this budle comes. I'm sure our kids would die for that to happen. Let me know.

Kat M said...

How fun!!! I love the nesting phase!! I wasn't able to do it with Spencer and it totally sucked!

Anonymous said...

Did you already mention what sex your baby is going to be and I just missed it or forgot? Do you know what you're having? Well, whatever it's going to be it's going to be dang cute! :) Call me if you ever need anything. Is your mom going to come and stay with you for a while? Hey...shouldn't you be cleaning something instead of just sitting here at your computer?! :)