Friday, January 30, 2009

What's Up With This Baby?!?

The night before last I started having contractions about ten minutes apart. The Dr. said to go to the hospital when they got to ten minutes apart so when it was almost an hour of contractions I said "One more and I'm going to the hospital." So of course it was a half hour before the next contraction. I decided to go to sleep and was awakened every hour or so with a killer contraction. Early in the morning, more close contractions, so I called my mom to let her know I think I'm going into labor. She drove all the way down here and they stopped yet again! Yesterday I had more contractions in the afternoon and evening like every 20 minutes.... sigh....not close enough. So here I sit today thinking "What's up with this baby?" On the bright side when I went to my last appointment on Tuesday they told me I was dilated to a 2 and they're going to do an ultrasound on Monday to make sure the baby's not too big to deliver. If it's too big, c-section. So, one way or another this will be over soon. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I really don't want another c-section. I'm so excited to hold my little baby, though, so as long as she's healthy that's the most important thing.

4 comments:

Kat M said...

I am sorry that the baby isn't coming out!! No fun!
When did you have a csection? I hope all goes well and that you don't have another one!..they are no fun!

Anonymous said...

So she's a SHE! I've been wondering and heck if I could get that info out of you! :) I guess I'm gonna have to check your blog every hour on the hour to see if this baby is here yet or not. How exciting to be so close! Eden tricked me into thinking I was starting labor for the last week or so too. Little pain! It's the worst when you think it's time and then everything stops. Hey, obviously we have tons of girl baby stuff so come by and dig through it if you want or need anything. Keep us posted...

Anonymous said...

Hey! What's up with your kid? Doesnt she know that it's more fun on the outside? Lol! Hope she comes soon for you.

AudyCamp said...

Is that baby here yet?